Jacob and I got to visit Jay yesterday (Sunday)! Colleen Huston, a family friend, came up as well to do some work on Jay. She does reflexology. I can't tell you all the details because I am still learning her practice myself, but I must say she is a miracle worker! She is very good at what she does, and we all helped Jay strectch his fingers, wrists, and feet out to help relax him. She is very gentle with him, and very positive. Her positive energy is awesome, and I know Jason felt it. He did very well yesterday with his temperature maintaining around 99.6. He is awake more often and responding better. His storming is less often, but it is still happening. He lifts his right leg and arm, so now we are trying to get him to lift and look more with his left side. The neurologist had a good report for Jay! That was probably the most exciting part of yesterday for me. She finally saw progress!
Jason's friends Josh and Daniel came by. They were great, talking to Jay, telling him stories and even brought their high school football picture. Jason's friend Whitney also stopped by. He liked following her around the room and we all tried to see what he could do for us as far as tracking. He did quite well, but he is still having trouble turning to the left side. When Jason looks at you, we all feel he recognizes us but can't communicate to us what he knows. I could sense he was a little frustrated and agitated at times. Being positive and Hopefull is the best thing we can be for Jay right now. I hope to see Jay again soon, and maybe he can tell me something! My Grandma Diane is coming into town this week to be with my mom. They will visit Jay this week. I will post again at the end of the week, to let you know how that went. Until then, thanks for the love and support for Jay.




3 comments:
WHAT WOULD WE DO WITHOUT OUR APRIL AND JAKE. THEY BOTH ARE SO DEAR TO JAY AND APRIL DOING THIS BLOG HAS BEEN SO NICE TO READ AND HELPFUL TO US AS PARENTS!
I THINK THE LOOK ON HIS FRIENDS FACES TELL THE STORY-THEY LOVE JAY, THEY ARE "HOPEFUL" FOR JAY, AND THEY WILL "NEVER GIVE UP" ON JAY. I LOVE THEM...
EVERYONE HAVE A SAFE GOOD WEEK.. LOVE JILL AND MIKE LEACH
April- Thank you so much for putting that picture up. I teared up a little when I saw it because all I want is to still be up there with him right now... but then I smiled because seeing how great Jason looked on Sunday and witnessing how much he has improved so far gave me so much hope. You and your family have done an amazing job with him; he couldn't do it without you guys and I know he appreciates it. See you soon.
Love, Whitney
Jason,
You had a great visit with grandma Diane!! Sorry I missed seeing you on Friday. I thought it was a BIG week for you with all your visitors and thought maybe you needed some rest. Will see you this Friday!!
Aunt Gaye
PS. You are loved by so many I know you will get through this
Post a Comment