I just thought I would write a quick entry and let you know that Jason made it to "Care Meridian" yesterday (Thursday). He was picked up at 6:30 a.m. in San Leandro via ambulence and had an uneventful ride. They got him set up in his room and he looks great! The twins and I arrived about noon. This was the first time Jason has seen the twins in over 3 months! He just stared and tracked them very well. I had a great time with Jason. He is so alert and knows exactly what you are saying. He is trying to talk which will be interesting...not only do I know the occupational therapist who is my neighbor down the street, the neurologist is one of Jacob's doctor's for work! So, we feel like he is in good hands! This will be an interesting next couple months for Jason. Michael flies in today!!! I will post pictures of Jay in his new room soon. The place is beautiful and the people are great. As great as it is, we want Jason to keep progressing and get out of there so he can go to an acute rehab center. It will happen and I think sooner than later.
Friday, September 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
What great news! I am so glad to hear that Jay is in his new facility! I am sure the change of scenery will really help him make progress. Especially with you there, April:) Have a wonderful time with Michael! I am sure it will be a great reunion for Jay to have all of the family there with him. Love to All! Kay
I SO LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR POSTINGS, APRIL! WONDERFUL TO HEAR JASON IS SETTLING IN AT HIS NEW "CARE LEVEL" AND THAT YOU AND JACOB KNOW PERSONALLY OF A COUPLE OF HIS DOCTORS/THERAPIST. AM SO HAPPY FOR JASON THAT HIS WHOLE FAMILY WILL SOON BE BY HIS SIDE! MY VISIT WITH HIM EARLIER THIS MONTH WENT BY TOO FAST BUT WHAT MEMORIES I HAVE. LOVE YOU JASON! GRANDMA DIANE
Hi Leach family, We just found out about your blog, so glad you started this April. I've read every entry now and just love you all even more. It seems like we just saw you in Monterey yesterday.
So glad Jason is making good progress and you are all there to support him so well. I'll pass on the blog to the boys. Sending our love to you all. Grant and Chris
Post a Comment