Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Jay and communicating


Here is Jason and I talking with Michael on the phone. This is how Jason spells out his sentences on his laminated alphabet. It is pretty funny because I get lost sometimes and have to tell him to start all over again! Words just start running together and I have to tell him to slow down. He is pretty good at it! We were laughing hard, talking about all sorts of things. It is soooo nice he can communicate with his alphabet board! He asked me if I ever had a friend I couldn't understand...I really had to think about that. The only people I haven't been able to understand are my own children. It is frustrating and confusing at times I am sure! I know he is getting worried about his "inabilities" and recognizing them. My mom is there in Bakersfield, this week, for a few days. He can't wait to come home and he loves my mom being there!!! 

3 comments:

Zac and Kaylan said...

Jay, that is so cool how you use the laminate board to communicate! I am sure it is frustrating not being able to communicate things as quickly as you think them but you have come so far already. There is no doubt in my mind that you will keep making progress! I am so proud of you Jay!

Anonymous said...

TODAY I HAD A NICE SURPRISE.. WHEN I CALLED YOU JAY YOU ANSWERED THE PHONE! I MISS YOU AND LOVE YOU SO MUCH.. COUNTING THE DAYS UNTIL YOU CAN COME "HOME"!!! TODAY IS MARCH 3, 2009. YOU ALSO CALLED ME AROUND 5 AND I WAS JUST LEAVING WORK. YOU ARE "TRACKING ME DOWN"! HOW EXCITING THAT IS. LOVE YOU LOTS, MOM

Unknown said...

Hey Jason,

I just wanted to let you know that I check the blog all the time for updates to see how you're doing, even though I'm living here in Spain and can't see you in person. I hope you enjoyed the video everyone made for you! Troia tells me you're making great progress, so keep it up!

Your friend,

Shawn Stocker