Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Halloween Week

Jason had his EEG and MRI last week. He will be having a neurologist appointment hopefully this week to go over his tests. Jason has been having his trache capped on and off lately. This means that he will be getting it out soon! We know Jason is ready to have the trache taken out. It has been causing some irritation in his throat and he hates to cough because it doesn't taste good! Jason is making more noise with his "hums" and if you ask him to make noise he will usually try. He is on antibiotics right now for a bladder infection, which is probably good because everyone seems to be getting sick this time of year! Jason will probably be moved to another facility here in fresno in the next few weeks. I just got a new Mac laptop so I am so excited because I am going to take it to Jay's and show him the blog and all your comments. I will let you know how that goes! 

6 comments:

Zac and Kaylan said...

I just wanted to be one of the first to say "Hi Jay!". April is doing a great job keeping us all informed on your progess and we are SO PROUD OF YOU :) You are pulling through all of this beautifully and we are rooting you on from way back here in Pennsylvania! Haley will be a cheerleader for Halloween so it fits perfectly with whole rooting you on! Keep working hard and know that you have tons of love and support coming from all over. Love you Jay Babe!-Kaylan, Zac and Haley

Brenna said...

Wonderful idea April! I think that will be great stimulation for Jay! Tell him we still have his surfboard and can't wait for him to take it back and use it again. We send our love and continual prayers...love, The Conroys

Sarah said...

April, Jay looks awesome! I love to see this blog and see how he is, it looks like things are going well. Love the updates. Sarah Laflan

Anonymous said...

Jason ~ This is my first time posting anything, but I wanted to let you know that I think about you everyday and I know you will be back in no time. The next time I come into town Id love to see you. We have had so many memories together just growing up and when you moved to San Diego! Those were the days. Your family has been there every step of the way and April has done a great job keeping everyone informed. I check it everyday. Hang in there. Love ya brotha. ~Anthony Kadjevich

Anonymous said...

April,

Thanks for keeping us all updated on Jay's progress. "Hi" to Jill too, you are all in my thoughts frequently.

My wife Beth and I both pray for your health and a full recovery, and for strength and comapssion for the whole family. Please come back to Regional ICU and show off how much better you are getting, O.K.?

Catie Hembrow RN RMC-ICU

THE MACDONALDS said...

April, it seems like Jay is taking amazing steps towards recovery! This is such a great documentation of this hard and miraculous time. There is a reason that Jason is still here and he is so lucky to have the love and support of you and your family. He must be a truly remarkable young man! Love and Prayers to all!