Monday, November 3, 2008

Sitting up and his new kicks


Here is Jason with his PT Stacy and his new kicks! Jason has really kicked it into gear with his physical therapy. He is sitting up with support, able to roll from side to side, and doing well with his head control. In the beginning he was unable to hold his head up for any length of time. His neck muscles are able now to support his head for most of the time. Jason is listening...he will do anything that is asked of him that is physically possible for him. If you tell him to lift his head up he will, if you tell him to lift his hips up he will. So, with that said, Jason is paying attention and doing exactly what is being asked. My mom says it is nice to see him listening and actually doing what he is told. At this point it is up to Jason and he has decided to listen so we are proud of him. He wants to get better so bad, you can see it in his face. Our Grandma Diane is coming into town this week. I will post some more after this week. 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

APRIL,

YOU DO AN AWESOME JOB WITH THIS BLOG AND I CAN'T WAIT FOR JASON TO READ ALL OF IT! WATCHING JAYS PHYSICAL THERAPY GET STRONGER AND STRONGER HAS BEEN INSPIRATIONAL. JASON IS REALLY TRYING TO WORK HARD AND IMPROVE IN ALL AREAS. THE SUPPORT OUR FAMILY HAS FELT FROM ALL OF YOU IS SO HEARTWARMING AND STRENGTHENING--THANKYOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF OUR HEARTS. LOVE TO ALL, MIKE AND JILL LEACH

Whitney said...

April- that is amazing! He has improved so much since I was there last. You're doing such a great job with him. Reading the blog today just made me so happy to see how much he's improved lately.

Jay keep up the good work! You're awesome! I look forward to seeing you in a few weeks when I can make it over there again :)

Love,
Whitney

Anonymous said...

AS USUAL, APRIL, YOU DID A GREAT JOB ON THIS BLOG. THE LOOK ON JASON'S FACE WITH HIS PT SAYS SO MUCH - CAN'T WAIT TO SEE HIS NEW "ALERTNESS" AND GIVE HUGS.
AM VERY ANXIOUS TO SEE YOU AND YOUR FAMILY TOO, APRIL, DAUGHTER GAYE AND HER FAMILY AND YOUR MOM AND DAD, JASON! LOVE YOU ALL FROM GRANDMA DIANE AND GRANDPA TOM WHO WILL STAY HOME AND HOLD DOWN THE "FORT".

Anonymous said...

Jason...I told your Mom I had tears of joy in my eyes when I saw your most recent pictures. Such a transformation since when I saw you in Aug. But I never had doubts you would get to this point and don't doubt your continued acheivements! We all realize how terribly hard you're working, and we hope you're as proud of yourself as we are of you!! See you soon...much love and gentle hugs! Aunt Penni :)

Susan said...

Keep up the hard work Jason! You are doing a great job. It will be worth all the hard work.

Susan & Dennis Jones

Unknown said...

Hi Jason,
I wanted to write and let you know how proud I am of you! I know you won't be reading these now, but when you do, I hope you know I think about you so often and even dream about talking with you. Can't wait to come home and see you! I will bring you and Anthony a big bowl of kim chi (famous fermented cabbage in Korea- where I am living)
To the Leach family, I am sending all the love and support in my heart and mind. Take care of one another xx.
Love,
Lauren Moran

Anonymous said...

man, it looks as if J is making good progress! Jason my man, I'll be making my way up there soon bud..maybe I'll bring some of my mom's cookies if you behave yourself :)

Best wishes, johnny scaccia