Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy New Year!


Jason is making great progress since he has been in Bakersfield at the Centre for Neuro Skills. He has a great team of therapists working with him and helping him get his life back to "normal". We stayed in Bakersfield for the night...in a hotel...yes, all 3 of my children and that is another story, but needless to say, we went for Jay and it was great seeing him. His speech is getting so much better. Right when I walk into the room he says, "hi April, I love you". Jason is actually at the movies right now, so as you can see, he is getting out more. It is amazing to see him get better in such a short amount of time. Colleen huston from my parents ward, has worked with Jason before. I had a pic of her working on Jay a while back. She does reflexology and is great with Jason. His left side is his weaker side and today Colleen got Jason to lift that left leg as high as the right one can. It was soooo crazy! You had to be there I guess to fully understand my awe in his ability to lift that left leg. It was great! I also want to say thank you to Daniel Troia for making Jason that great video! To all of you that participated I enjoyed listening to your care and encouragement for Jay. I don't know half of you but I do know Jason appreciates your participation in his road to recovery.

pics above: 
Me and Jay (our traditional pose)
James and Jay (this was so cute, Jason kissed him and enjoyed holding him)

2 comments:

Brenna said...

I can't believe he can say "April, I love you!!" When we saw him just before Christmas all he could say was "MOM". We are so thrilled at the pace of his recovery in the last month...incredible and inspirational!!
Mike and Jill keep tempting him with the steak and potatos and he will be home before you know it!
Sending tons of love and prayers your way as always.
The Conroys

Unknown said...

DEAR ALL,

WE HAD A WONDERFUL 4 DAYS WITH JAY. SO MANY FRIENDS, RELATIVES, WERE WITH HIM TO WELCOME IN THE "NEW YEAR"!! JASON IS REALLY TALKING WELL--STILL SLOWISH BUT YOU CAN UNDERSTAND HIM MORE AND MORE. HEY--BLAKLEY-HE CAN SAY YOUR NAME NOW! HE LAUGHED WHEN I ASKED HIM YOUR NICKNAME--MUFFIN! HA BUT HE CAN SAY BLAKLEY AND HE COULDN'T A WEEK AGO. ITS GETTING HARDER AND HARDER FOR ME TO LEAVE HIM--HE ALWAYS CALLS MY NAME, "MOM" AND SAYS "I LOVE YOU". ALL THE STAFF ARE IN LOVE WITH JAY-HE HAS SUCH A SWEET SPIRIT ABOUT HIM.. JASON HE WORKING HARD AND WHENEVER I TELL HIM HE WILL BE WALKING SOON, HE SHAKES HIS HEAD NO AND SAYS "RUN". HE REALLY WANTS TO RUN AGAIN.

MAY 2009 BE A YEAR WE CAN ALL "RUN" WITH AND HAVE A HEALTHY, SAFE ONE!

THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT EVERYONE! WHITNEY SPENT THE WEEKEND WITH US AND AS SOON AS JASON SAW HER HE SAID "WHITNEY" AND SHE AND I WERE SO SHOCKED AND THRILLED! WHITNEY IS BEYOND HER YEARS IN COMPASSION AND LOVE FOR THOSE WHO ARE TRYING THEIR BEST TO SUCCEED. THANKYOU.

OUR DEAR FRIEND COLLEEN AND HER FAMILY ALSO SPENT THE WEEKEND AND SHE CAN REALLY "MOVTIVATE" OUR JAY--HE REALLY LISTENS TO HER AND RESPONDS TO HER REQUESTS AND WHEN SHE ASKS HIM TO RAISE HIS LEG OR MOVE HIS ARM, SHE EXPLAINS WHY SHE HAS HIM DO IT IN THAT MANNER AND IT MAKES SENSE TO HIM AND HE RESPONDS! SO EXCITING-THANKS COLLEEN FOR YOUR TALENT AND SHARING IT WITH JASON..! HE MUST HAVE TOLD COLLEEN 6 TIMES "THANKYOU"... SO SWEET!

AND WHAT WOULD WE DO WITHOUT HIS SISTER APRIL AND THOSE NEPHEWS WHO LOVE THEIR UNCLE "JAY" JUST THE WAY HE IS.. ELLIE TOO!

JAY ASKS ABOUT MICHAEL ALL THE TIME-HE LOVES HIM AND LISA SO MUCH..

LOVE TO ALL, JILL