Well I must say the pics say it all! We all had a great weekend with Jay. All of my mom's sisters were there and not only did we celebrate Jason's success but my mom's b-day! Jason sang Happy Birthday with all of us and kept saying I love you and Happy Birthday.
Jason had an outing with the family to the outdoor mall in Bakersfield. It was fun to sit by the fountain and just be somewhere different.
We then all got outfitted in "Monterey Fire" provided by Jason's fire Chief. Good times!
Jason was able to get into the pool and stand up on a special stand up machine. Pics to come.
Jason also received botox in his hands/wrists and ankles. Botox is believed to help relax and loosen the muscles...I know some of you are jealous. Anyways, hopefully it will show some improvement and we will know within 3 days if it has affected him or not.
So, overall Jason continues to have a lot going on! I wish I could visit him more, but I encourage any of you that would like to visit him, please do! He loves visitors and will even let you know he loves you. It is really sweet. Thank you to all my Aunts for coming and making my mom's b-day and Jason's weekend fun. There is a saying on my mother-in-laws wall which says, "we may not have it together, but together we have it all!"



6 comments:
DEAR ALL,
I CAN'T TELL YOU HOW MUCH I APPRECIATED MY "SISTERS" ALL COMING TO BAKERSFIELD ALONG WITH APRIL, MIKE,ELLIE, AND WHITNEY!
OUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS HAVE BEEN SO SUPPORTIVE AND THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN ABLE TO BE A PART OF JASONS RECOVERY-EITHER VIA THIS BLOG OR IN PERSON WILL HOPEFULLY THEMSELVES BE BETTER FROM IT. JASON IS IMPROVING AND WORKING SO HARD. HE IS SO EXCITED TO COME "HOME" AND WE ARE HOPING FOR THE MONTH OF APRIL... I CAN SEE A "NEW" JASON EVOLVING FROM THIS EXPERIENCE IN HIS LIFE. HE IS SO MOTIVATED TO BE KINDER, PATIENT, HARD WORKING AND SO APPRECIATIVE OF ANY HELP HE RECEIVES FROM OTHERS. JAY STILL NEEDS QUITE A BIT OF HELP DRESSING, ETC. HIS NEW WHEELCHAIR SHOULD BE HERE WITHIN A MONTH. THE ONE HE HAS IS A "LOANER" AND REALLY ISN'T TOO GREAT. JASON LOVED THE POOL ON FRIDAY AND DID WELL. JAY ALSO WAS IN THE STAND FRAME FOR ABOUT 17 MINUTES TOTAL. I WENT TO A "MOTHERS SUPPORT" GROUP ON WEDNESDAY. OF COURSE THIS "JOURNEY WITH JAY" HAS CHANGED OR ENHANCED MY THINKING ABOUT DISABILITES AND THE DIFFICULT TIMES AHEAD.. I CAN ONLY HOPE THAT WE CAN BE OF HELP TO OTHERS IN THE SAME SITUATION. I LOVE YOU ALL AND APPRECIATE YOUR COMMENTS ON THIS WONDERFUL BLOG THAT JASONS SISTER APRIL IS DOING. SO MANY FRIENDS HAVE COMMENTED TO MIKE AND I HOW GREAT THIS BLOG IS TO READ.. THANKS SIS!
LOVE, MIKE AND JILL LEACH
Happy Birthday Jill! How FUN to be with all your sisters! I wanted to tell you that you did a beautiful job with your talk on Sunday! Thank you for the spirit that was felt!
The pic of Jay and Mike smiling at each other is totally frameable!!! LOVE it!
That is great that he could be home as soon as April! Wow, he has made such amazing progress so quickly. We are still praying and rooting for him and his recovery! Love, The Minnick Family
he stoked for the Ben and Jerry's! look at that smile...same ol' Jay...Enjoy the Super Bowl!
that piture of jay and his dad laughing is awesome! im so glad to hear things are going so well, thanks always for the updates they are so nice to have...
hey jason! im coming to see you soon pal. keep up the good work, i love you bro...
Sincerely,
Farren
Dear Jason, Jill, Mike, April, and Michael,
It has been a long while since I have sent a message so want to let you know Jason, how fantastic it is to see all the really great progress you have made. Keep up the hard work, keep smiling and all good things will come to you.
You are all such sweet, kind, caring people and are truly blessed to have such a wonderful family. Stay strong, stick together, and most of all everyone keep smiling and laughing together.
The pictures are all really nice and it is good to see Jason smiling. Love that picture with Jason and Mike wearing the fire dept. hats.
Happy late birthday Jill and glad to see you had a nice gathering for your special day.
April, it is so neat of you to continue this website for you brother it is really inspiring.
Love to all of you and take care,
Susan
(Jill is my hairdresser and friend)
Post a Comment