Monday, December 8, 2008

On The Move...

Jason is on his way to Bakersfield right now! He will be at a rehab center that specializes in neuro patients! We are so excited for this next step for Jason. He was ready and seemed pleased to be moving on. My mom and Aunt are with him to help him get settled etc. I will post some pics after my mom returns. I hear the place is awesome and is really going to benefit Jay and wear him out! We told him he is going to be "working out" for 3 hours a day! That is right up his alley if any of you know Jay he loved to work out! He will live off-site in an apartment with some roommates and a nurse will be present at all times in their house. The program is set up to help their patients get acclimated to "real life" and becoming more independent. I know this will be a huge change for Jay, but a welcoming one, and one step closer to home! 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Jill,

My names Peter, I am a friend of Jasons we went to high school together, he knows me if you ask him. I just wanted to say hello to him, hes such a great person, I dont know if you are aware but Im the person, Fighting in the David Stamm Trial, He had told me at one of the scaccia gatherings before I left the counrty that he, had quite the mini golf place cause he did not want to support the guy, and was outta of respect for me, Im so greatful to have a friend in the world like that, what he said gave me so much hope and strength. I know that hes really good friends with some of the others that are, siding with david stamm as well, so I kinda reframed myself from visiting, when I came back to the states for the first trial. I regret not stopping by, But Im expecting to return for a very short visit in Jan, I would most def like to see jay. If you can tell him, thanks for the support and his concern, and to hang in there, My thoughts have always be there, since day one. And if you can ask him if theres anything he would like from Switzerland, to let me know. my e-mail is Petesc85@yahoo.com. Thank you jill for having this blog, up Ive always been thinking about him . My thoughts and Prayers will always be with your family and Jay. thank you for you time. Happy Hoildays

Pete

Anonymous said...

Hey Jill,
Its Peter again, is there an e-mail adress for jay....

Sandy&Jim said...

Hey Jay Bird,
You have come such a long way and seeing you SMILE is just Amazing.
Your time in Fresno has been a huge turning point for you. Especially being so close to April and your Aunt Gaye with them visiting so much along with your parents. It's all about family support which you have had so much of. Your family has been Wonderful. God Bless All of You!
Know that you are constantly in our thoughts and prayers for your continued positive progress. We are all looking forward to your return home, which may not be too far away. With the advances your going to make now in Bakersfield it's just a matter of time before your back home with your Mom & Dad and all of Friends.
Know that we Love you Very Much,
Always,
Jim, Sandy, Shaun and Dukie

Anonymous said...

April,
I used to think you were sooo pretty when you were friends with my sister celia... and now i know you're beautiful inside AND out. let Jason know he's in my prayers and I think about him all of the time!

thanks,
Gabriela