Jason had Thanksgiving at my house on Saturday! He arrived around 11 and left at 5:30. A long day! One of his nurses came with him and we spent the day talking with him, asking him constantly what he wanted to do etc. We went for a walk around my neighborhood and spent most of the day in the backyard. It was such a nice day, thank goodness, because Jason really enjoys being outside! The holidays this year will be and have been somewhat different than years past. I am thankful for everyone's constant thoughts and prayers for Jason. He has a long way to go but has come so far. He is determined and really wants to get home and hang out with all his friends. He really enjoyed having his buddies come visit him. I am sure it was a welcoming sight to see some guys after being around women nurses, me and mom! I will visit with him today while my cousin Michelle comes and watches the twins. I try to have every Monday with Jay. It is addicting! I love hanging out with him because he is like a new child in a way. He is constantly learning new things. His mind is as it was before, but his body needs to catch up! I am so glad he got to feel laughter. Laughing makes me feel good and I was so glad to see that emotion come out of Jay. Scroll down and you will see a great pic of Jay smiling! Well it is December 1st and now we are on to bigger and better things. Jason is scheduled to move to Bakersfield next week and begin their rehabilitation program. Keep you posted!
Monday, December 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
We saw Jason walking on Thanksgiving...what a blessing. You are all in our prayers!!!
Post a Comment