Jason had a great week! He got his trache out! He has had a trache in for about 4 months and finally was able to get it taken out. His RT(respiratory therapist) said he was swallowing well and had had enough of it. I am sure it was a relief to finally get it out. His therapy is going great and he is trying very hard. Sitting up with some assistance, leaning from side to side, and holding his head up for longer periods of time. Today, I brought my laptop and typed some questions for him and commands. Such as: "Are you cold right now?" he would then answer yes or no using his foot board. He did very well with that. I will try to attach a video of Jay that my Aunt did. It is very cool to see him in action with his Physical therapist. Pics to come!
Saturday, November 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
Wonderful news April! We think and pray for your family, and Jason always. It's so great to hear about his progress! Go Jason!!
JASON HAD SUCH A GREAT WEEKEND! GRANDMA DIANE WAS HERE, AND HE REALLY ENJOYS FAMILY BEING AROUND!!
APRIL REALLY WORKED WITH JASON ON SATURDAY-SHE IS SO PATIENT AND INSPIRING FOR JAY I AM SURE.. JASON LOOKED AT HIMSELF IN A FULL-LENGTH MIRROR FOR QUITE A FEW HOURS ON SATURDAY AND SUNDAY. JAY HOLDS HIS HEAD UP BETTER LOOKING INTO THAT MIRROR. WE ARE SO THANKFUL FOR THE GOOD "TEST" RESULTS WITH JASONS EEG AND MRI. THE MRI DID SHOW BRAIN "TRAMA" BUT WE EXPECTED THAT.. WE ARE ALL STILL PRAYING THAT IN "TIME" JAY WILL BE HEALED AGAIN. HE IS TRYING SO HARD AND THAT IS SUCH A BLESSING! JASON LISTENS SO INTENTLY TO ANYBODY SPEAKING TO HIM AND TRIES TO DO WHAT THEY ASK HIM TO.MY SISTER GAYE IS JASONS "ANGEL"--SHE VISITS HIM ALMOST EVERYDAY AND HE LOVES LOOKING AT HER AND FOLLOWING HER ENCOURAGMENT AND HELP. THANKYOU ALL FOR YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT THROUGH PRAYERS, CALLS, E-MAILS ETC. WE REALLY APPRECIATE AND FEEL THE LOVE WE HAVE WITH OUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS. WE PRAY DURING THIS HOLIDAY SEASON THAT MANY BLESSINGS COME YOUR WAY. LOVE TO YOU ALL, MIKE AND JILL LEACH
Dear Mike, Jill, April, Micheal & Jason,
I have been reading the blog pretty much from the beginning. I have been struggling with the words to express my feelings.
I can only imagine what you have all been going through. Jason has always been very dear to me as well as one of Jordan's oldest and closest friends. In high school Jason spent many a Friday and/or Saturday night at our house. The breakdown of the BMW in Santa Monica, and all of those chicken "bugers" when he was managing RG Burgers. We seemed to have lost touch after he left RG Burgers but I always ask Jordan if they had talked and found out what he was up to. Jason was as close to a second child I could of had during those younger years. Full of so much life and that always consant smile and warm heart and manners to boot! We all know it is still in there and not a day goes by that he does not enter my thoughts and prayers. April, you are only doing what comes naturally for you but need to know that you are a true angel, a gift of a sister and a person. Not only to be keeping us all so well informed of Jason's progress but this has also kept your parents from having to hash over all of the details with everyone that might call and inquire along the way. Your love and time spent with Jason has had to make your heart just that much bigger. He is very lucky to have you in his life. I have never met you but feel that I now know you with you exposing so much of yourself through this blog. Michael, I do not know you either but know that my thoughts are with you as well. Mike & Jill, you two have been truely tested and are showing amazing strength. All of you have so much to do with Jason's incredible progression. He is very blessed to have you in his life as we are to have him. And as for you Jason, we are all rooting for you and so proud of your perserverance and improvement. I am sure that it is very hard but am truely amazed at how far you have come. I am sure that more than once the question has entered all of our minds, why you? Perhaps one day we will all know. In the meantime, I believe that you are a messanger. You have spread a very sobering message to all of your friends and people that care so much about you. Life is the most precious gift and so easily taken away. Jordan is planning to come home for a visit over Thanksgiving as well as Christmas. We will call and see if we can arrange some time to come visit with you. This is going to be a very differnt kind of Thanksgiving this year.
"If you engage in simple practices consistantly, you will be amazed at their capacity to create deep change" - Gary Kraftsaw
Live well, Love much, Laugh often.
Love, Melinda Klescewski
Jason,
You continue to amaze me with your strength,endurance and patience. I know somedays you probably want to tell me to take a hike!! But ......we all just want you to get better!!!! Keep up the hard work!!
Love you much
Aunt Gaye and family
April, Jason and Family. Me and my entire hold you all in our prayers. It is wonderful to hear about his progress and recovery. My love, prayers, and faith are with you.
I AM HOME IN OREGON AFTER ANOTHER VISIT WITH YOU JASON, THIS TIME IN FRESNO. YOU ARE COMMUNICATING THIS TIME, NOT IN WORDS, BUT IN MOVEMENTS AND THE EXPRESSION IN THOSE EYES! I LOVED THAT TIME WITH YOU AND WAS HARD TO LEAVE. BUT YOUR AUNT GAYE, SISTER APRIL AND COUSIN MICHELLE ARE KEEPING YOU BUSY ON JUST ABOUT A DAILY BASIS. AND YOUR MOM AND DAD ARE "COMMUTING" FROM PEBBLE TO FRESNO WEEKENDS AND SOMETIMES INBETWEEN. YOU ARE WORKING SO HARD FOR YOUR THERAPISTS AND FAMILY AND YOUR PROGRESS IS SHOWING. BE STRONG AND KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.
LOVE, GRANDMA DIANE AND GRANDPA
Post a Comment