Monday, November 17, 2008

Great Weekend

 He is doing well with his therapy and really trying hard. This past weekend was awesome! My mom and Aunt Gaye were able to see how great he did. He is nodding Yes and No now....which is really helpful when you are talking with Jay. He is able to hold a pen with his hand now and use his thumb better. He did some drawings with me and just got the idea of holding a pen. He was very interested in drawing and was trying very hard. He made more noise for me this weekend and on command. I would tell him to make noise and move his lips and he did. No words yet, but he is very close. I am so proud of Jay and his efforts this past weekend. He wanted to know about the accident and doesn't remember anything. My mom does a great job of reassuring him that he is getting better and he has to continue to work real hard and then he can come home. 


Doctrine Covenants 50:16, "Behold ye shall answer this question yourselves; nevertheless, I will be merciful unto you; he that is weak among you hereafter shall be made strong."

4 comments:

Zac and Kaylan said...

I can't wait for you to form your first word Jay! We love you and are so proud of your progress! You need to know that every little step you take in recovering is huge for you and your family. You will be home before you know it :)

Anonymous said...

I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT JASONS PROGRESS! THIS PAST WEEKEND WAS HIS BEST SO FAR! JASON STARTED NODDING HIS HEAD YES AND NO==NOW I WAS SO EXCITED BUT AFTER 2 DAYS OF IT-I NOW AM REALIZING OUR "ADULT" SON IS COMING BACK! I THINK FOR THE PAST 4 MONTHS AS HIS "MOM" I HAVE ENJOYED JUST COMFORTING HIM AND TRYING TO MEET HIS NEEDS.. NOW, HE IS ANSWERING THE NURSES AND STARTING TO GET HIS OWN NEEDS MET. THIS WHOLE EXPERIENCE HAS TAUGHT ME ALOT ABOUT ACCEPTANCE AND MOVING FORWARD. I LOVE OUR FAMILY AND THANKYOU APRIL FOR ALL YOU DO FOR YOUR BROTHER-HE HAS THE BEST SISTER ANYONE COULD HAVE!!!

THANKYOU ALL FOR YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT AND LOVE..!! WE REALLY APPRECIATE IT!
JILL AND MIKE LEACH

Whitney said...

Jason its amazing you can hold a pen!! and nod yes and no! Wow. I can't believe it! You're amazingly strong. I hope to see you this weekend!

Katie said...

My brother (johnny sacccia) told our family you said HI the other day!!! This is so exciting. Although it's a slow and steady process your pulling through buddy and showing everyone your so strong. I know your family is so excited. keep up the good work!!!