Saturday, August 2, 2008

Fast For Jay


Jacob and I were able to go up and see Jason yesterday (Friday) for the whole day! Right when we got there they were doing physical therapy with Jason. We jumped right in and helped the 3 other therapists work on Jay. It was exhausting and exciting! He held his head up this week really good! Only for a few minutes and then his head drops back down. He is making so many small improvements in regards to his therapy. His therapists are awesome and they really care about Jay. I was dancing, singing and playing familiar songs for Jay to help stimulate him. Jacob got the new I-phone and so he was so excited to use it! We put the I-phone right up to Jay's ear and played some songs for him. I think he liked it. Stimulation is the #1 thing right now to help Jay wake up more. Sounds, lights, smells etc. If you have any ideas to help him get stimulated please let me know! Things he liked, cool sounds, songs, toys that light up etc.

As far as tomorrow goes, Sunday, my parents church is having a fast for Jason. This entails fasting for 24 hours or 2 meals. It is a time to reflect and pray for Jason and his recovery. Fasting happens in our church once a month at the beginning of each month. My parents wanted to let any and all know that if they would like to participate they may do so. We believe it helps and in numbers it can really make a difference. Jacob and Marv Hodges, a family friend, gave Jason a blessing yesterday. It was really touching. Jacob did a great job and I know Jason heard every word. Right after they gave him the blessing Jason woke up and opened his eyes. It was perfect timing. Marv hadn't seen Jason awake yet and Jason looked right at him and looked around the room. You could really feel the spirit in the room and I know Jason was grateful to have the blessing. God works in mysterious ways and I know Jason feels his love everyday.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so nice to hear Jason is having improvements, big or small. He is in our thoughts and prayers everyday.

Maria Aliotti

Daniel said...

Thank you April for making this website for Jay. We all apreciate you taking the time to give updates on Jason's recovery. Can't wait to hear Jason's funny laugh again! :) Get better Jason!

-Daniel Troia

P.S. Congratulations on hitting that homerun in your return to baseball Jay!

melissa said...

we will definitely include jay in our fast tomorrow. i also wanted to let you know that we went to the L.A. temple yesterday and i put jay on the prayer roll there. our thoughts and prayers continue to be with jay, you, and your family.

Anonymous said...

Thanks to April for making this blog for Jason.
I am so pleased to see how much love and support is surrounding Jason's recovery! I hope that Jason knows that I think about him and hope that he is improving in his PT everyday and getting closer and closer to returning home to friends and family, closer to making us all laugh and smile;)
From all the Moran family, we are thinking of you Jason in your recovery and wishing you strength and courage.
Get home soon and we can all celebrate with a block reunion!
Take care Mike, Jill, April and Mike~, love to you all and thanks for keeping us all posted.
Lauren Moran

Anonymous said...

We have been following Jason's recovery closely and have the whole Leach family in our thoughts and prayers. You are always close in our thoughts tho far away in miles. Thank you for putting this blog together so we can follow Jason's progress.

John and Christie Miller

Anonymous said...

april, once again i look forward to reading these weekly and what a great family photo of the 5 of you. when I see your family i think of mine, being i am the middle and only girl, i could not imagine going thru what you all are and staying as strong as you are... keeping you all in my prayers.
♥ Rachel Bispo

Brenda + Brian Black Beltz said...

When I think of Jason I remember all of us cousins playing at Grandma with the hammock's house. I remember many afternoons spent tree climbing, running around the grounds and the sun light filtering through the tress as we swung on the hammock. The familiar sounds of nature might remind Jason of the fun afternoons spent with family. I think playing old family movies might help, hearing the voices of his loved ones couldn't hurt.I love you guys and appreciate this blog.

ALl my love and prayers,
Cousin Brenda

Adrienne said...

To Jill and family,

Jill, Ron, Gregory, and I have been thinking about Jason, you, and your family and praying for you all.

I've talked to Donna several times and read the notes you've left to keep up to date about Jason's progress, and we're so happy to hear that he's beginning to awake.

Jill, your positive attitude and spirit have been an inspiration to me so many times in the past, and I have no doubt that that hasn't changed in the face of this awesome challenge that Jason and your family have been and are facing and will continue to face as Jason continues with the recovery process.

I hope you'll call upon us if there is anything we can do to help.

The Crowells

T J V said...

Today at work we had a workshop for some clients I hadn't met yet and one guy really made me think about Jay. He was in an accident 7 years ago with severe head trauma and he was such an inspiration. He had to learn to walk and talk again and he has such a positive outlook and sense of humor. I pray that Jay may have a such a positive recovery also. This may be too babyish but V has this little toy ball by V-tech that rolls on it's own and lights up, plays songs and if you push the buttons they say number or do animal sounds. Anyway, it would be stimulating that's for sure, we got it at Walmart. Or maybe one of those lamps that puts stars and such on the ceiling?

Anonymous said...

THAT IS ONE OF THE BEST LOOKING FAMILIES EVER!!!!APRIL YOU ARE A DOLL AND YOUR MOM IS SO BLESSED TO HAVE YOU !( YOUR DAD TOO).WE LUV YOU ,KEEP GETTING STRONGER J.....MARCIA

Anonymous said...

DEAR ALL,

I JUST RETURNED HOME FOR A COUPLE OF NIGHTS FROM BEING WITH JAY. HE IS DEFINITLY WAKING UP MORE AND STAYING AWAKE LONGER. HIS "STORMING" IS STILL A CHALLENGE. HE HAS WHAT IS CALLED "SYMPATHETIC STORMING" ALONG WITH HIS BRAIN INJURY. LOOK IT UP--ITS INTERESTING AND HAS NO TIME FRAME EXACTLY. WE REALLY MISS JASON AROUND HOME. LUCKILY I HAVE SAVED SOME OF HIS "VOICE MAILS" ON MY CELL AND LISTEN TO HIM OFTEN... THANKS FOR ALL YOUR WELL WISHES AND SUPPORT! I CAN'T WAIT FOR JAY TO READ ALL THESE COMMENTS SOMEDAY SOON! LOVE, JILL AND MIKE LEACH

murch7 said...

definitely good to hear that jason is doing better, slowly, but doing better. please let us know when we can visit him. all of the guys from 08-1 really wanna come visit him.
much love to everybody
-Kyle

Sarah said...

So happy to see that you got to be with Jason for the whole day! That's awesome April. We will keep him in our thoughts and prayers.

The Laflans

kelly said...

I wish I could have seen you dancing for him!