Monday, August 18, 2008

Day with Jay


I thought I would just write a quick update on my visit with Jay this past Saturday. My Dad had invited Jacob to go play golf up in the bay area, so, of course he wanted to go! So we loaded us all up and headed to Pleasanton. As soon as we got to my parents hotel, the kids and I went swimming and it was a great time. I went to visit Jay after I got the kids down for a nap and my mom was able to relax at the hotel.

Jay was asleep when I got to the hospital, but soon after, he opened his eyes, and looked at me. We read a magazine together, listened to a c.d., watched some olympics, and looked at the pictures on his wall. He has been lifting his right leg up to the side a lot lately and gets a little restless with his movements on the right side. I believe it is his body "waking up" and the brain is trying to tell his body how to move again etc. His right side is the more affected side, and his left side seems to be more calm and less restless. He started to spike a fever towards the end of my visit with him, so we put the cooling blanket on him, packed his armpits with ice, put a cool rag on his forehead and gave him some meds. It was going down slowly but got up to 101.9. The fever is not due to infection but related to his neuro injury. The hypothalumus controls our temperature which is located in the back behind the neck I believe, and his is still trying to regulate his body temperature.

I wish I knew what was going on in Jason's head but I hope he can feel that everyone is pulling for him and loves him.
p.s. The picture is of Jay holding one of my twins, I can't wait till he can see them again, he was so good with them:)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update, April. You are a great sister! I, too, hope Jay can hold your babies once again. What a glorious day that will be!

Anonymous said...

My day isn't complete without looking at Jason's blog. You are doing a great job and have a great family for Jason to "wake up" to again! love you so much, Grandma Diane and Grandpa

alicia said...

Thanks April for sharing your day with Jason. He is so lucky to have such a wonderful family. Love to all. Alicia

kesli said...

April and family,
Ryan and I are so sorry to read about what is happening with your brother. Please know that we are thinking and praying for Jay. I am sure you won't mind but I called our temple and added his name to the prayer roll. Every little bit helps. We will keep checking this blog for updates.

Sandy&Jim said...

Jay Bird, You still look as handsome as ever, even as you sleep. We are keeping track of your progress with every entry from your Mom and April. You are so blessed to have such a strong and loving family. You will be so proud of them once you are able to read this blog and follow your process as it happened. Know that Jim and I think of you everyday and wish you the best.
Love you, Sandy, Jim & Shaun

Sandy&Jim said...

Jay Bird, You still look as handsome as ever, even as you sleep. We are keeping track of your progress with every entry from your Mom and April. You are so blessed to have such a strong and loving family. You will be so proud of them once you are able to read this blog and follow your process as it happened. Know that Jim and I think of you everyday and wish you the best.
Love you, Sandy, Jim & Shaun