I (April) got to see Jason this weekend! He was laying comfortably saturday afternoon, sound asleep, while my mom and I talked and read about the gossip Aunt Gaye had left behind! AKA US magazine, People, etc. I was awaiting anxiously for Jason to wake up and open his eyes. The nurses came in and moved Jason up more in his bed, and after they did that, he opened his eyes. I about screamed, because he opened them so big and looked right at me! Then, my therapy began. I had him follow his little stuffed dog, which he did with his eyes, we watched part of Monster-in-law, starring "J-Lo", which he loved! He tracked the T.V. for quite some time and enjoyed watching. I kept reassuring him that he was doing good, and he needed to get better and work harder.
Sunday: My parents and I attented church in pleasanton and then headed to the yummy whole in the wall donut shop! When we arrived to see Jay we told him all about our dinner the previous evening at a great restaurant, and how great the food was! I kept telling him he has to get better so he can eat, "Aren't you hungry?" If you wake up more, you can eat!"
He was swallowing a lot more and moving his mouth...which is a good sign. He did not keep his eyes open as much as he did on Saturday for me, but he did open them and look around. When I left I said Goodbye and you look good, and I would be back soon. I then said you need to work hard and you will get better. He opened his eyes, looked at me, and then closed them.
I know he wants to work harder and get better. He is just trying to figure out how to do it! This week my Aunt Penni is coming to visit Jason. I hope he can show her some progress and show us how strong he can be.
"Counting Time is not so important as making Time count" -Panda Express
Sunday: My parents and I attented church in pleasanton and then headed to the yummy whole in the wall donut shop! When we arrived to see Jay we told him all about our dinner the previous evening at a great restaurant, and how great the food was! I kept telling him he has to get better so he can eat, "Aren't you hungry?" If you wake up more, you can eat!"
He was swallowing a lot more and moving his mouth...which is a good sign. He did not keep his eyes open as much as he did on Saturday for me, but he did open them and look around. When I left I said Goodbye and you look good, and I would be back soon. I then said you need to work hard and you will get better. He opened his eyes, looked at me, and then closed them.
I know he wants to work harder and get better. He is just trying to figure out how to do it! This week my Aunt Penni is coming to visit Jason. I hope he can show her some progress and show us how strong he can be.
"Counting Time is not so important as making Time count" -Panda Express



14 comments:
I am so glad to hear about jason's progress: slow and steady. I just wanted you all to know that I am thinking about you and praying constantly!
Love,
Brenda
April, Jill & Mike,
Corey is loving the blog in Madagascar! We all love the good news! Jason is lucky to have a family that takes such good care of him! Hang in there! We love you.
Love
Carma
This is so wonderful to have this up date. We think about your family all the time. Love, The Laflan's
Were so happy to hear about Jason and his progress. What a stronger,and loving support system he's got going. That love and support will carry him along, long way on his road of recovery..
Much Love too you all.
Olivia, Justin, and the Crew
Thanks for keeping up the Blog Ladies! Jason and the family is constantly in our prayers! We love you all so much! Go Jay! What progress you are making! That a boy! Keep it up! We want more reports with you waking up more! Love you Jay :)
Zac, Kay, Haley and Baby #2
Our love and prayers are with you from your Hunter Family in Florida.
We know you are strong Jason and have the "Hunter Tenacity & Willpower" to pull through this.
Our church is praying for you & your family too. We so appreciate April starting this blog for us to keep up with your progress. Much love, Tina, Cousin John and Kenny
Hello Leach/Dean family,
You are all in my thoughts. Your family is so amazing and I know that you will make it through this really difficult time. I work in San Francisco with people who have brain injuries, and I think the one piece of advice I can give is to remain patient, as I know you are from reading the blog. Change is very slow. Stay strong and remember how much support you have. We are all pulling for Jason in his recovery.
Take care,
Megan Moore
& i keep you all in my prayers. i love the updates. ♥ Rachel Bispo
Jill, Mike, April and Jason,
We are so glad to hear Jason's temperature is back down. You are all in our prayers daily.
Keep up the good work, Jason. We know it is a lot of work but we will wait as long as it takes. Just know we are here for all of you.
Love,
Monica
JASON IT WILL BE SO EXCITING WHEN YOU ARE ABLE TO READ THIS BLOG AND ALL THE COMMENTS - I SIT DOWN AT MY COMPUTER SEVERAL TIMES A DAY JUST TO DO THAT! WE ARE PRAYING FOR YOU TO STAY STRONG DURING THIS RECOVERY PERIOD. LOVE FROM YOUR GRANDMA AND GRANDPA
JASON IT WILL BE SO EXCITING WHEN YOU ARE ABLE TO READ THIS BLOG AND ALL THE COMMENTS - I SIT DOWN AT MY COMPUTER SEVERAL TIMES A DAY JUST TO DO THAT! WE ARE PRAYING FOR YOU TO STAY STRONG DURING THIS RECOVERY PERIOD. LOVE FROM YOUR GRANDMA AND GRANDPA
Jason,
You worked so hard today!! I am so proud of you. I know it is difficult for you to get your body to move but you are doing it!!SLOW and STEADY wins the race!!! Keep up the good work J.
Love, aunt gaye and family
The Cox family in Moscow, Idaho are thinking of you guys and Jason! Mom keeps me up-to-date whenever she calls and forwards Jill's e-mails to me. Thanks for starting the blog. It's been bookmarked and I look forward to all the great news to come! Hang in there and know that there are a LOT of people praying for your family!!
Erin Cox (aka: Erin Miller)
What a beautiful family picture!
Jill your will and strength are amazing and God is truly faithful.
With all of the prayers, fasting, physical therapy, stimulation and love Jason will pull through. Thank you for letting us all read about his progress. We love you so much, Tina
Post a Comment