Sunday, July 20, 2008

Welcome


We have decided to start a blog about Jason, so that family and friends can keep updated and current with Jason's condition. I (April) will be posting entries weekly to inform all of you about Jason and how he is doing. We hope that this blog will be a great way to show Jason how much he is loved and appreciated by his family and friends. Not only do my parents need support but Jason. Please comment as you wish and enjoy reading about Jason's progress. We can all help by praying and thinking positive of Jason daily. Jason is currently in San Leandro at Kindred Hospital where Long Term Care patients go. He is being watched by Dr. "Mom", nurses, and a neurologist. He has not "awoke" fully yet and will not until they feel he is ready to get off more pain meds. Until then, he has opened his eyes, and is getting physical therapy to help him. "Patience is a virtue" and with Jason all we can do is wait. Thank you for your love and support!

34 comments:

Unknown said...

SIS,
THANKYOU SO MUCH FOR PUTTING THIS TOGETHER. WHAT A GREAT PICTURE OF JAY AND CHIEF ROTH! I WANT TO THANK "EVERYONE" FOR THEIR POSITIVE THOUGHTS, PRAYERS, AND HELP IN ANY WAY--WE SO MUCH APPRECIATE THIS IN OUR FAMILY. JASON IS SLOWLY IMPROVING-THIS WILL BE A LONGER PROCESS. PATIENCE IS A VIRTURE-WE ARE WORKING HARD ON IT! THANKS AGAIN, LOVE, MOM AND DAD....

Kelly said...

What a good idea! We are praying for Jason and your family. Thanks for making an effort to keep us informed. We are glad to know he is making improvements.

Love,
Kelly Barrett

Anonymous said...

To the Leach family...
I just wanted to send my love and prayers your way. We (my family and I) think about Jason everyday and can't wait to see him again. I'm happy to hear that he is slowly but surely improving!

xoxo
Maria Aliotti

Danielle H. said...

Jason is in good hands (especially Dr. Mom)!! What a wonderful way to keep us all informed. Thank you for taking the time to put this together April. We love you Jason and we'll wait as long as you want. Take your time healing. Love, Danielle, Dan, Dylan and Maddy

Mike said...

This is a good idea April thanks for setting this up. Thanks to everyone who has helped my parents in the last month during this tough time. It looks like Jason's recovery is going to be a rather lengthy one, but as long as he recovers that's all that matters! Just wanted to let Jay know how much we love him and we'll be there for you through everything bud! Love, Michael & Lisa

Susan Jones said...

We are very happy to hear of Jason's progress - every tiny step. Thanks for taking the time to keep us informed. We know that Jason is here for a purpose and is affecting many people's lives. We are praying for your whole family.

Love,
Susan and Dennis Jones

Anonymous said...

J,
COME ON DUDE YOU CAN DO THIS!! YOU ARE SURROUNDED BY LOVING THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS--I STILL HAVE HOPES OF YOU BEING ON THE COVER OF THE FIREMANS CALENDER!!! IF ANY ONE CAN PULL THRU THIS IT IS YOU!!WE WILL ALWAYS BE HERE FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY--LUV ALWAYS MARCIA,STEVE,HEATHER XXOO

Unknown said...

The Covells and McCarthys send our love to the Leaches and Deans. Jason - can't wait to see that big smile again!

Erica said...

To the Leach Family,

I just wanted to send my love and prayers to you! I am very glad to hear that Jason is improving each and every day!

Love.

Erica Benefiel

Barbara B. said...

Dear Leach fam-
You ALL continue to be in our thoughts and in our prayers as you endure this journey of hope of love and of patience. Please know you are not alone and that God is in control.
"Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me." Psalm 51:8-12 Feel God's presence right now in each of you, He is with you.
I also want to thank you April for putting this together as a wonderful way for us all to stay in touch. You are an awesome family. Much love to you all,
Barbara
P.S. Jason, honey, it's time to start waking up!

Chenoa said...

Hi all,
Thanks so much April for setting up this blog. Your parents have been so king in keeping us all informed on Jason and how you all are doing. I think about Jason everyday and pray his positive progress continues. You're all in our thoughts and if you need anything, please don't hesitate to call.
Love, Chenoa

Webmaster said...

Dear Ones,

All our prayers and love to you all. The other "Hunter Clan" has you in our prayers and thoughts... from New Zealand to Tahoe. How wonderful of April to set up this special place for us to tell you how we love you and Jason. While Jodie and John are not "internet saavy" we will keep them up to date as well.

Please don't hesitate to call/email if you need anything!

All my love,

Julene

Frances Delgatty said...

Leach Family,
Want you to know that we have our church praying for you, my MOPS group(mothers of pre-schoolers)and our small group. I know God is the ultimate healer so I know Jason is in good hands. Love you all
frances

GRANDMA H. said...

FIRST OF ALL THANKS TO GRANDDAUGHTER APRIL FOR THIS BLOG! HEY JASON! GRANDMA HAS YOUR LAST LETTER TO GRANDPA WITH PICTURE IN IT OF YOUR MOM, APRIL AND YOU AT YOUR ACADEMY GRADUATION, SITTING UP AT MY COMPUTER AND I TALK TO YOU EVERY DAY (SOMETIME HOURLY) AND ASK YOU TO BE STRONG, GET WELL AND KNOW HOW MUCH WE LOVE YOU.
GRANDMA DIANE AND GRANDPA TOM

Brenda + Brian Black Beltz said...

Jay,
You are so strong and I can't wait to see you up and about. I know that time will come. Keep working hard on your recovery, (I know you are). I am thinking about you and praying for you everyday.
Love,
Cousin Brenda

Fisher Family said...

We think about him all of the time and will always keep him in our prayers. It is great to know he has such a caring family at this time!!

Anonymous said...

Still thinkin of you everyday Jason! If I wasn't living in WA now I would come visit! You are so lucky to have such an amazing family. I am so glad to hear that you are recovering. Even if it is a slow process..all that matters is that you get better! And you will!

Thank you April for doing this. It is really amazing that you have found the time and effort to keep us informed.

Much love to Jason and his family,
Jillianne

Aunt Gaye and family said...

J,

Will see you this friday. Hope your "PT" is there ;). You have an awesome team taking care of you!!

6ofusJoneses said...

Mike, Jill, Jason and family,
We want you all to know that our family prays for all of you daily and we know that right now Jason is in God's hands. May all those who care for him be guided by His hands and by His love.
Jason- you have a strong spirit and we know you can make it through this.
Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help any of you. We love you all,
Terry & Monica Jones and Family

amanda and casey said...

Wow, how wonderful is this- all the support; family and friends on his side making his recovery so special and encouraging. Although I don't personally know Jason, I do know April and Jacob and he couldn't have a nicer, sweeter, and more encouraging group of people fighting for him. I would definitely wake up as soon as I could knowing what is on this side! We love you guys and are thinking about you. Love, casey and amanda weir

Anonymous said...

Thank you, April, for doing this! Our prayers and heartfelt wishes are constantly with Jason and the family. Jill & Mike are having to endure something we could never imagine as parents...but I hope they know they will never endure alone and without our steadfast support. And my boys have already called dibs on taking their cousin Jason out to his first steak dinner! Much love and gentle hugs to Jason....I will be seeing you very soon! Aunt Penni

Anonymous said...

Dear April, Mike and Jill,

First off, thank you April for being so sweet to keep us updated like this. Jill & Mike are enduring something that as parents, we could never imagine. Certainly a nightmare which you desperately want to wake up from. But I hope they know they will not be enduring alone and without steadfast support from SO many people. Our thoughts, prayers, and wishes are with your family every moment. I look so forward to seeing you next week, Jason!! You know I'm not much of a talker, so it would be WONDERFUL if you would keep up your end of the conversation :) I'm sending you all my love and gentle hugs. And big bear hugs to the rest of the family. Aunt Penni

alicia said...

Jason, Just wanted to let you know we think about all the time. We pray for your recovery daily. We love you.
Rob and Alicia

nancy heiner said...

Dear Leach Family,
What a great idea to have the chance for frequent updates and more communication! Thanks to April and Jacob.

We are thinking of all of you and praying for you daily. We look forward to reading soon of improvements to Jason's injuries. Hopefully he will be talking with all of you again soon.

We love you all!
Nancy and Ronn Heiner

Wendi said...

Hey all,

I am glad to hear that Jason is opening his eyes and noticing the cute nurses. I am up here in the middle of Puget Sound with Mom (Jodie) and we send our love and lots of contined prayers to Jason and the whole clan. He's strong and healthy and I believe he will amaze us all! Much love, Wendi Hunter Mangiantini and family

Anonymous said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with Jason and your family, Jill. Reading these comments of prayer and love sent to your son is heartwarming. We will hold your son in our prayers, cousin, with love from Texas..the other Hunter clan..Jeff, Anja, Joshua and Jacob

Sandy&Jim said...

Hey April,
This is a wonderful blog that you created to help keep us all informed. Plus a way to keep a journal for Jason.

Jay Bird,
Know that Jim, Shaun and I are praying and thinking of you daily.
We all came to see you a week after your accident to personally give you hugs and best wishes. Plus to give your Mom & Dad a big supportive HUG.
We would be there again soon to visit you, but I have been down in Los Angeles at Cedars Sinai Hospital with my parents. My Dad had a major surgery on July 14th and is still in the hospital but doing well and hope to come home soon.

We pray for the day your Mom and Dad can bring you back home too.

We Love you very much,
Jim and Sandy,
Shaun & Dukie Dog too

Anonymous said...

April, thank you for doing this blog. ♥ Rachel

Anonymous said...

DEAR ALL,

THANKYOU FOR YOUR WELL WISHES AND SUPPORT FOR JASON. WE FEEL YOUR LOVE AND WELL WISHES. JASON IS SLOWLY PROGRESSING. HIS SISTER APRIL CAME THIS WEEKEND AND WAS HIS "INSPIRATIONAL COACH"--SHE IS A WONDER! LOVE TO YOU ALL! JILL AND MIKE LEACH

Anonymous said...

April & Jacob,

You have done a beautiful job of putting this site together; what a wonderful way of keeping everyone informed. Our thoughts are with Jason and your fmaily constantly; and we hope for only the best.

Love, Uncle Ray & Aunt Linda

Anonymous said...

APRIL
WE REALLY THANK YOU FOR THE UPDATES, OUR PRAYERS AND LOVE ARE WITH YOU JILL,MIKE AND MICHAEL AT ALL TIME. THE SMALL IMPROVEMENTS ARE ALL WE NEED AND IT LETS US KNOW HE WILL BE ALRIGHT WHEN ITS TIME. THE COMFORT THAT YOU ALL ARE THERE AND IN HIS PRESENCE IS FELT BY HIM. LET HIM KNOW WE ALL LOVE HIM AND LOOK FORWARD TO SPENDING LONG AFTERNOONS AT THE BEACH

Anonymous said...

From Florida:

Jason - we haven't seen you since you were a very small boy; at that time you were the light of your Great Grandma Hunter's life. Reading about you today, it sounds as though you have continued to be that light for many others. We wanted you to know that you have family, across the country, who are keeping you in thoughts and prayers daily. We just know you will come through this. With love
from your "great" aunt and uncle -
Judy and George.

P.S. Thanks to April for setting this up, and our love to your Mom and Dad (Jill and Mike) as well.

Jamie said...

Leach Family,
Thanks for the update on Jason's progress. All to often once our patients leave the ICU we seldom hear how they are healing up. Yes this a very long road but Jason is young and healthy and strong. Will keep in touch for updates. Take care and god bless you all.
Jamie Devillier Rn
RMC Trauma ICU
San Jose Ca

Anonymous said...

Hey Jason!!! I love looking at your progress every month!!! All of us in the academy have been tracking your progress and talking to each other about it. We all miss you and love you. Hang in there and we will all try and visit you when we can. I just wanted you to know that all of us in 08-1 are thinking of you and you are in our prayers for a speedy recovery. ONE HEART ONE STRENGTH!!