Monday, September 13, 2010

Back to School!

Jay is back at school at MPC and is doing great. He started his PE class back up and today got a 100% on his test about the brain! His class is "Interesting" as my mom would call it. It is a class for people that have had Brain injuries or some sort of disability. From people being hurt in war, accidents, etc, Jason is not mainstreamed yet, but hopefully will be able to by taking these classes. It is a good "back to college intro" for Jason and as his brain continues to recover he will be using it and strengthening it! I passed a guy a little bit older than Jason the other day while I was driving. He was in a wheelchair, sitting in the sun, with his shirt off, with a hopeless look on his face. I am not sure why he is in his condition but he looked very depressed and had no desire to do anything but sit in the sun. I am glad that Jason has the support that he does and has the desire to want to get up in the morning and do something with his life. Everyday is a gift whether we are in a wheelchair or not. We are all here on this earth to do something. I am grateful for my legs and arms that work and have no idea how it would feel to not be able to use them correctly. Jason has had an amazing attitude and I know his legs will get him where he wants to go someday.

0 comments: