Monday, July 6, 2009

Fourth of July


























Here is Jason's Fourth of July: Fire buddies came from the Academy! They are awesome! Thanks for coming you guys. Jason misses the "One Heart, One Strength" bonding and he was so impressed to see everyone's successes post fire Academy. I worked with Jay on Friday. I got him on the bike in the garage...not for long, but at least we tried it. He is very unstable and unbalanced when he shifts his weight away from his center. He just needs to practice more and get his confidence up. He needs to get out of his "comfort zone" which is hard for all of us to do! Whitney came over for the fourth. She is such a great friend to Jason. She makes Jason feel "normal" and wants to help out in any way she can. Thanks Whit! Always nice to put your arm around a girl! ha! He continues to say he will be seeing himself on the beach next year walking, so this is a good goal with Jason. At times I feel sad for Jason because he had accomplished so much right before his accident. I wonder what "could have been" just as others do I am sure. But, I know that on this earth our lives have a purpose and I hope Jason can ultimately help others. He has seen and my family has seen all the good works that you all have done with Jay. Your service is what stands out! Thank you.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there Jason!

Its been awhile since ive checked up on you buddy and im glad to see you are doing quite well for yourself! I like how the picture of us on forth of july turned out. Im going to try to get another day to get a group of us to come visit you again. maybe this time i can bring the impala and take you for a spin?? haha. love you buddy, talk to you soon!!

Robert Farren
08-1 For Life